Where I am at.

"Choked. I choked."
"You'll get it back," I said
"No, I won't. I'm a half-artist. I'm smart and talented but I'm not tough enough to go the distance. It's a curse being a half-artist, caught between being a normal person and a real creative person. I'm nuts like a good artist, but I don't have anything to show for it."

That is exactly how I feel lately. I've been reading this book Fiction Ruined My Family by Jeanne Darst, (which is where this excerpt came from) and when I read that paragraph it really resonated with me.
I haven't finished a painting since I graduated art school in 2007. I start projects I never finish.
I know all these amazing creative people and I envy the tenacious nature with which they continue to create. Maybe I will get it back. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment