August 15, 2011

Things that make me happy in the morning...especially Monday mornings.

Waiting for my coffee to boil. The best coffee comes from this little gem.

My yellow orchid in the morning light. Better photo bellow.





And seeing the boy and dog cuddled up in bed together. It is so cute and warms my heart. Sorry no photo of that, but I don't think he'd very much appreciate my posting that sort of photo.

This past Saturday I got a wild hair and decided I was going to remake my favorite skirt out of some amazing robins egg blue fabric I found at the Grand Junction Habitat for Humanity store. I went there with my best friend and boy is it a great store! I paid $1 for the fabric and it was plenty to cut out my skirt. Here is a photo of my makeshift pattern weights (Joann's didn't have them and Fancy Tiger was closed when I had the money for them...) in my makeshift work space (ie my kitchen.) Plus this is my very first handmade pattern. I'm really excited at the prospect of this working out.





And close up, token artsy photo...





However, later in the process, progress halted...the iron crapped out.

So sad.


But there is hope! Sid bought me a new iron (exish, more boyfriend than not-ish, boy that lives with me, cute boy in the first post. Link is to his blog, check out his talent!) Yay!!! Maybe I'll finish it soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment